Life’s full of miracles , or may be u call them co-incidences. These phenomena happen exactly at the time you want something of that sort to happen .You take it as a good luck ,an optimistic sign or Just thank God that it happened and think about how much he loves you!!!It makes you happy from within . You get that “feel good” feeling!!!
There are a few incidences in my life when things have happened at the right time either to correct me or to make my life just better. I would love to share those several incidences though one by one and how each one corrected me or just gave me that ray of hope that all isn’t lost in life. Of course I have seen people having problems in their life that I can’t even imagine how I cud have managed if I had to experience them first hand.
I really don’t know from where to start , so let me just take an incident that happened recently.
I was out on my college trip. I was going through a turmoil . Within me was a mixture of emotions , though I was with my closest friends I felt alone . And my behavior from a talkative exuberant type ,I had become quiet and was keeping a lot to myself . I don’t know how was I overcome with so many emotions. I needed a sign , especially from the almighty .I wanted to feel peaceful within , but somehow I was not able to. It was the last day of our trip and we were cooling off or rather trying to heat up at the banks of Ganga in Rishikesh after we had done river rafting(which was awesome!!!). That’s when we spotted an ISKCON (International Society for Krishna Consciousness) temple.
Now , I am a South Indian who is used to seeing the Idols in temple being black in color i.e made up of Black colored Stone (especially the Krishna temple near my house back here in Mumbai to which I have been going since childhood).And normally in ISKCON temples the idol is made up of white marble (at least in the ones I have visited).And somehow I don’t get that same feeling in an ISKCON temple as the one I get in a south Indian temple . Is it just because I am used to it , I suppose so! (Sound’s stupid doesn’t it).
That day I wanted that homely feeling more than any other day. Now you may guessed what must have happened that day. I reluctantly climbed the steps of the temple thinking that its going to be a white idol wishing if it could be Lord Krishna I am used to (I really don’t know why I was thinking about it so much that day) and then I was totally taken aback by what I saw, of all Idols only the Krishna’s idol was made up of black stone. It was the first time I had seen an ISKCON temple with a black colored idol of Krishna .I confirmed with my friend who is into ISKCON, said that there are a few ISKCON temples with a black Idol of lord Krishna.
And of all temples it had to be that one that day when I needed a sign , even though it was with one of my most stupidest notions . But somehow after it happened I felt as if that weight from my chest was lifted off . I felt better , felt clearer and knew that all was not lost. I actually enjoyed my return journey to Mumbai well. In a month or 2 all of my turmoil’s had disappeared and things fell into place as I wanted.
May be it was not a miracle or was just a co-incidence , but then this small incident made me feel good and got me through the remaining time till the problem was solved .But then it happened at the right time .Let me specify, I am not a pious person who goes to temple everyday . But that day I needed support as I felt alone and somehow I got it and my mind ‘s tsunami was curtailed.
But the question remains Why did that coincidence have to take place that day? Especially when I needed a positive sign that badly? Why did this thought of the color of the Idol even come to my mind?? I still wonder to this day was it a miracle ?
-Preetham Kamath
No comments:
Post a Comment